Affinity Designer 1.4.2 is an incredibly accurate vector illustrator that feels fast and at home in the hands of creative professionals. It intuitively combines rock solid and crisp vector art with flexible layer management and an impressive range of high quality raster tools for finishing. With accuracy, quality and speed at the heart of every single design task, and the ability to finesse designs without switching apps, this fresh-faced multi-discipline illustrator lets creatives shine.
Imagined by designers, created for Mac
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design or just like creating cool concept art, Affinity Designer will revolutionise how you work.
And you don’t have to take our word for it. Affinity Designer has achieved 5-stars in over 1700 App Store ratings in 31 countries—and was Editor’s Choice from day one, runner up as Best App of 2014, and received an Apple Design Award at WWDC in June 2015 for its incredible performance and capabilities.
It’s fast. Really fast.
We don’t do spinning beach balls. Working in Affinity Designer is always live – pan and zoom at 60fps, transform objects in correct z-order, make adjustments or apply effects in realtime and always see live previews of brushes or tools. Whether it’s a 100 megapixel image or the most complex vector drawing with thousands of curves, it’s still the same and never runs out of memory. You have never experienced anything like it.
Rock solid tools
All the tools you would expect from a professional vector design app. They just work – in precisely the way you want them to.
Pixel perfect control
With real-time pixel preview in standard or retina resolution available with a single click, you can always see what you’re going to get. Can’t achieve the perfect result purely in vector? Just edit the pixels – Affinity Designer has a full suite of raster tools too.
Beautiful vector brushes
Affinity Designer allows you to stay in the vector domain while harnessing the organic properties of texture and pressure. You can use pressure from a stylus – or velocity – as a controller to produce beautiful, clean strokes that are fully editable. With the added flexibility of brush texture and variable opacity you can create truly natural looking artwork with all the benefits of vector editing.
- Node Tool
- Pen Tool
- Pencil Tool
- Vector Brush
- Gradient Fill Tool
- Transparency Tool
- Crop Tool
- Targeted Insert
- Alignment Guides
- Lasso Tool
- Selection Brush
- Pixel Brush
- Paint Brush
- Adjustment layers
- Layer effects
- Blend modes
- 1,000,000% zoom
- Instant undo
- Tablet support
What’s New in Version 1.4.1
– Added the ability to show the design canvas unclipped
– Improved Artboards
– Stability and bug fixes
New in Affinity Designer 1.4:
– Canvas rotation
– Full support for expanded gamut DCI-P3 displays in new retina iMacs
– PDF/X pro printing including Spot Colors and overprint control
– Trim, bleed and crop marks for print and PDF export
– Pantone and Global colour support
– Customisable keyboard shortcuts
– Snapshots – named states of your design you can return to later
– Adjustable centre of rotation
– Move tool option allows parent objects to move without their child layers
– New ‘Split Toning’ adjustment and adjustment layer
– New ‘Contrast Negate’ blend mode
– Character and Paragraph panels; advanced on-screen text controls
– Live OpenType feature previews in the Typography panel
– Added a Recent Fonts list
– PSD export now better supports third party apps including Motion and Final Cut Pro X
– Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian) and Japanese languages added
– Numerous other fixes and improvements